At SMART, there’s few things we care more about than helping our customers create a better work-life balance for themselves with the help of our high-end, wooden garden office buildings. Creating a better work-life balance is a hot topic and the days of working Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm, are long gone.
Recent studies have supported the idea that working from home, for the right people, can increase productivity and decrease stress.
Research also suggests that companies who encourage and support a work-from-home protocol save money in the long run; is it any wonder with statistics like these?
- Employees who work from home are 13% more productive than in-office counterparts
- 70% of adults aged 18–34 take advantage of agile working
- 84% of UK global business use flexible workspace policies as a benefit to attract and retain to talent
- 76% of workers said they would be more loyal to their employers if they had flexible working
- 80% of remote workers are happy in their job, compared to just 55% of on-site workers
- 77% of workers confirmed that working remotely has significantly improved their health and wellbeing
- On average a UK commuter loses 59 minutes every day in travelling to work
- 43% of commuters confirms ‘negative impact’ on their stress levels
- In a lifetime the average commuter will spend £153,000 on commuting to work
- Commuting contributes to 1/3rd of the total CO2 emissions released into the atmosphere each year.
- 61% of people have left or are considering leaving due to lack of flexibility
- 50% of workdays are lost to workplace stress and anxiety in the UK
So, it is quite a compelling argument that there are many positives to working from home not only for employees, but also the employers. Recruitment is a costly process in terms of time and fees, and when you find that perfect member of staff you will want to keep them.
With video chats, conference calls, VPN networks and wireless internet, we can stay connected no matter where we are. There are also huge benefits to the environment through reduced travel, including less traffic congestion and pollution.
One of the most important things that needs to be considered when making the decision to work from home, is that it’s important to create a dedicated space free from distractions, which is why studio offices in the garden are the perfect solution.
SMART Garden Rooms, Offices & Studios is the ‘go-to’ place for wooden garden office buildings and we have installed thousands of them all over the country. Our customers are delighted with their lifestyle choice and would recommend it as a great way to work.
“My Oasis of Sanity, my Smart Garden Office. It is part man-cave, part work-from-home office, and all mine! It means that although my commute can be measured in a few feet, at the end of the day I lock up the office and come home. Best investment ever!”
Our new Affinity range has been designed specifically with work-life balance in mind, it works in perfect harmony with your garden, providing you with the ability to install a garden room with space to work, rest or play, no matter what the weather. So, not only is it absolutely stunning to look at, it is exceptionally versatile too.If you are planning to work from home or are ready to provide your staff with flexible working, give us a call today. For more information on the SMART ranges, click here or call us on 0800 242 5559.